Monday, June 29, 2009

the calm before the storm?

With more than half the season gone the numbers are looking good. My midpack finish at fox river has given me a lot of confidence. The training for the last two weeks has been limited. A mid-week practice mtb race, a tuesday night track session and Fox river have been my hardest training rides.

Longer tempo rides and blazingly slow recovery rides have kept me fairly well rounded. Today starts a rest week that will go into a three week raceing phase. I have 6 superweek races planned. Five of those I raced last year with the Elgin course being the only new one.
Im feeling pretty confident with my mid-season fitness. I have never been this strong this early in the season. Hopefully I can stay on track, august should be pretty fast.

1 comment:

Julie said...

woo hoo! go adrian!