Monday, May 25, 2009

My Review of Novara Transfer Panniers

REI

The Novara Transfer panniers are built with credit-card bike tourists and commuters in mind. They're light, so you can be fast!


Awesome panniers for commuting!

adrian always riding chicago,il 5/25/2009

 

5 5

Gift: No

Pros: Easy to Use, Lightweight, Durable, Versatile

Best Uses: Commuting

Describe Yourself: Competitive Cyclist

I LOVE my transfer panniers. I have them mounted on a topeak rack and they work great. I would not recommend for any heavy duty extended touring trips as ortlieb makes great panniers for real touring(and real money). The panniers are really easy to throw on the rack and come off quickly.
Big enough to carry work clothes,shoes,and extra layers. I have not had any problems with sinching down the top with the compression straps, although the angle on them is a bit weird they do not detract from product quality.
The rain covers have worked well for me and managed to cover the panniers even when they are packed full of stuff. They have kept my stuff dry through a 10 mile downpour. For the money the are great beginner panniers.

()